Sunday 23 November 2008

Halfway Through Season 1 Update


Well folks thats me up to January 1st 2009 in the game so time for an update on my progress. I'm 3rd in the league and quite chuffed with this considering i know a few people were in a similar position at this stage.

My best win so far came in the 4th round of the Spanish Cup against Liga BBVA side Recreativo where i won 4-0! I managed to draw the 2nd leg 2-2 so now face another Liga BBVA team in the 5th round - Racing Santander. My worst defeat came against Albacete away from home. Not only did i lose 3-0 but my team played awful!

My top scorer so far is Necati Ates but despite this i think i will terminate his contract and bring another loan signing in to replace him. He misses too many chances for my liking and his wages are much higher than anyone elses.

Darko Kovacevic has been fantastic for me so far and every time he scores is a "punch the air moment" however unlike on older versions of Football Manager where i would keep him till he retired i think i will release him at the end of his contract in the summer. With so many people doing the challenge this time, (especially on FM Style) i'm getting quite competetive and there is little room for sentiment now.

Another player i am over the moon with is my 34 year old right back Gerardo. He has a very impressive 6 goals already (5 have been penalties) and has the highest rating in the squad.

I still can't decide on a settled tactic but i'm having fun trying to create one. Hopefully if i get promoted i will have a good home and away tactic in my locker for Liga BBVA.

Results so far

Adios for now folks and thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Jack F said...

I'm top after 23 games, 8 points clear of 4th so just keep chugging on and BBVA should be in the bag for next season :D

Kova said...

Thats brilliant Jack well done mate. Glad to see its going well for you so far.