Saturday 29 November 2008

Season 1 Finished and Promotion Secured

Well here is my long awaited update for the end of season 1 and what a finish to the season it was! I came 2nd in the league but finished on the same amount of points as Real Zaragoza only losing the Liga Adelante Championship on goal difference. This final push came as i managed to win 7 out of my final 8 league games but i was left to reflect on some very poor defeats which cost me dear. In my final game i knew a victory for me would mean Zaragoza would have to beat Xerez away from home but they did 2-0. I beat Castellon also by 2 goals to nil but wasnt enough to win. In reflection though my disappointment has gone and i'm now just delighted i got promoted!

My top scorer for the season was Darko Kovacevic and had a fitting send off scoring in his farewell game. I haven't renewed his contract as i feel at his age now he wouldn't make the required impact needed in the Liga BBVA. The player with the highest rating over the season was Xabi Prieto and will be trying to keep him with interest already from other clubs.

One thing i am absolutely delighted about is one of the players thats been promoted from the youth team - Iker Zelaia. At 16 years of age he looks like he will be a superb player so will be looking to play him next season to give him experience.

On the Kenan Kodro front i forgot to register him in the January window so he never played a first team game but next season i will definitely be giving him some chances.

I will update again once pre-season is over as i am planning to have a mass-clearout as most of my squad are not up to standard. Don't forget you can post your progress on the official Real Sociedad Thread over on FM Style. At the last count it has 569 posts and many people taking part so head over and get yourself registered.

Thanks for reading and adios for now.

4 comments:

Vincent said...

great kevin, as you see, my kenan is better! though im scouting better younger strikers, kenan doesnt get a lot of chances in first team anymore... :(

Anonymous said...

Doing well Kevin! I've completly forgotten about Kodro! Oh well :P

BTW I updated my blog over at FMStyle with my 2nd season so far (Currently in Jan :D) http://www.fmstyle.co.uk/blogs/jack-f/43-real-sociedad-january-10th.html

Anonymous said...

Great work Kova!
I bet you'll be able to win the league, you'd deserve it.

Kova said...

Cheers lads i was gutted not to win the 2nd division but hey ho. I will check out your blog post and thanks for commenting guys.