Friday 12 December 2008

Halfway Through Season 2 Update

Well normally i would do my mid-season update at the start of January but this time November and December went so badly for my team i decided to see if January went any better as this post would just be filled with some colourful language and talk of the sack! Thankfully for me January couldn't have went any better and seen me climb up to 8th in the league and an incredible 10 points from the top! This is after a seven game run where i couldn't buy a win!

Key to my change in fortunes was the arrival of strong Czech Republic full back Martin Jiranek and a change of tactics. The bain of my life and the cause of many shakes of the head was Kikin Finseca. I have loaned him out to Napoli with an agreed price of 2.6 million after failing to adapt big style. I lost count of how many times he blazed over the bar from 6 yards out so his stats simply lie!! To bring some firepower to the 2nd half of the season i have brought in 2 loan signings. Ben Sahar from Chelsea and Guto from International in Argentina. Players to leave in January were Aranburu to Wigan for 4 million and Estrada to Malaga for 1.5 million.

My star man by a country mile who has dragged me through many matches all by himself is the Brazillian Wagner. He is the reason i am doing so well at the moment and is fast becoming my favourite player.

As you can see the next 4 matches are gonna tell me if the tactic i have is any good and i'm not expecting much success but my target now is to get into the top 6. This confidence would have been ridiculous at the end of December. I will update agin at the end of the season where hopefully i will have achieved my goal of a top 6 finish.

If you fancy taking on the challenge yourself don't forget you can update me on your progress by commenting on this blog or by posting on the official thread on FM Style.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your new Amc, Wagner, he seems to be mature and skilled enough to give you great satsfacions.

Keep up the good work and remember: a troll could attack you in every moment...!!

Kova said...

Yeh i have high hopes for Wagner he has been my best player by a mile.

What do you mean by a troll can attack in every moment????

Anonymous said...

If you have read my blog, now you know I was talking about a loser called Tubs accusing me to cheat, a real useless troll!!

Kova said...

Oh i see ha ha. I am safe from that i think since i haven't won anything yet but i will look out for tubsters!

Anonymous said...

Hi!! My name is Amaia, and I'm keen on a new page called real-sociedad.com which is about the team and its fans, like myself. There are forums, pictures, results...

So, if you are interested on meeting fans of the Real Sociedad, or you think it would be interesting to visit the page you are absolutely welcome to do it
www.real-sociedad.com

And you can find me there, I'm called Amaia in the site, too,

http://www.amaia.real-sociedad.com and say hello!! :P

Kova said...

Hi Amaia thanks i registered yesterday actually and posted on the forum for the first time but my Spanish is really bad just now so taking lessons. Once i have learned some i will post on the forum more. My username is Kova and i will look out for you. Thanks again.