Sunday 4 January 2009

Season 2 Finished And 8th In The League

Well after a break from The Real Sociedad Challenge i'm happy to reveal its back up and running for me. I have just finished season 2 and what a finish it was coming a fantastic 8th in the league!! As you can see from the results i had a very strong finish to the season and had i not lost on the final day of the season i could even have finished 7th but had to settle for finishing a place behing Zaragoza for the 2nd season running. As a result of this i will be in the Euro Cup next season which i'm delighted at.

Without doubt the star of the season was my Brazilian genius Wagner who scored a brilliant 20 goals and got 20 assists! My other great player who contributed alot was Ben Sahar on loan from Chelsea who got 9 very important goals but its unlikely i will be making the move permanent as i have other targets in mind.

In the end of season summary i was voted the "overachievers" of the season which shows how good a season it was and i also got "most improved club".

I have already made two signings on free transfers - Julio Alvarez who was arguably my favourite player on FM2008 and Jack Wilshere who was released from Arsenal. Already these two have made their debuts as i played the first leg of the Euro Cup Qualifying Round 2 and they both played brilliant as i swept Lithuanian side Zalgiris aside 5-0. The first round was a walk in the park as i beat some berry picking team 4-0 in both legs.

Targets for season 3 are to have another strong season and get in the top 6 and bring in some quality players. I definitely need at least 2 strikers and my defence needs strengthened as i have released Van Bronckhorst and Gerardo as they are too old now.

I am delighted to announce the official thread on FM Style is going from strength to strength, with the latest count being 1100 posts which is amazing! We now also have a member called ArmageddonAsh updating his progress on his FM Style Blog which is brilliant and already he has won the Spanish Cup, the Spanish Super Cup twice and the Liga Adelante (the only one so far to manage it) and is currently top of the league in season 3 and doing great in the European Champions League. Another member doing great is YNWALFC as he has won the Euro Cup and the European Super Cup and came 3rd in Liga BBVA. Another sign that FM Style is buzzing with the challenge is Jack Franklin has started a soms on his Real Sociedad game so looking forward to seeing how that works out.

I will update again as usual when i have played my first league game of season 3 where i will reveal what signings i made and hopefully i will still be in the Euro Cup. Adios for now amigos.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice update Kova, and thanks for all the links :D

Season 3 has been the anti-climax for me as I won just 3 in 17 games after a good start but now I'm climbing back up the table, just hoping I dont get the boot!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant update. I've decided to take on this challenge and I have already got a few transfers in mind.

I have college tomorrow but will hopefully get stuck in when I get home. Maybe I'll get a wee bit of it done tonight.

I'll update either tomorrow or on Tuesday to let you know how it's going.

Also, how did you manage to get Alvarez and Wilshere for free? I can't believe both teams released them!

Kova said...

Jack no probs for the links there is so much going on now with the challenge i hope i haven't missed anything out!

Sean its brilliant to see you are giving it a go mate you will really enjoy it. As you will see from the thread on Style its not easy but looking forward to seeing how you get on.

Kova said...

Sean, Alvarez becomes free almost every time at the end of season 2 its a miracle a bigger team never goes for him though. Wishere was different. I have seen a couple of guys fail to get him even when they offer massive contracts but the truth is i got him on a Hot Prospect contract for 2.5k a week!!! I have came to the conclusion this was possible as i had him on loan in season 1 and when he went back to Arsenal, Real Sociedad became one of his favoured clubs! This must have helped get him.