Friday 9 January 2009

Start Of Season 3 Update

Pre-season 3 was one of the most difficult i have had on the game as i knew i had to step up the quality to improve on my 8th place last season.

With only one recognised striker in the squad my first task of pre-season was to sign a few strikers as we were far too lightweight in attack last season. A player i'd seen do very well for others was Mallorca striker Oscar Trejo so he was signed. I also signed Danial Aquino but the biggest gamble came in the form of Bogdan Stancu. On FM2008 he was the best player i signed but his stats this time paint a different picture. If he scores half as much as he did before though i will be happy. The most expensive signing came in the form of DMC Carioca. I'm sure he will be a star for me. I also bolstered my defence with the 1.4 million signing of Celta Vigo CB Lasarte. I'm sure you will agree he looks an amazing prospect. There was constant speculation regarding Laval's future with Real Madrid and Inter Milan rumoured to be planning 20 million bids but nothing materialised. If they were to bid that amount i would probably sell him. Here are all the comings and goings.

Pre-season was busy for another reason as i was busy negotiating the Euro Cup qualifying rounds but as you can see from the results i cruised through and am safely into the group stage.

As usual i have played my first league game of the season at home to Espanyol and beat them 2-1 but unfortunaltely my star midfielder Wagner is out for 3 months so hopefully Alvarez will fill his boots.

I will update again at the start of January where mmy target is to still be in the Euro Cup and hopefully in the top 6 in the league.

I would also like to mention the fantastic news that a friend of mine i have mentioned a few times on this blog Jack Franklin has started a new FM Blog called FM Expo and is currently descibing his trials and tribulations as he takes on the Real Sociedad Challenge.

9 comments:

Vincent said...

reat update kevin!

Good luck forthcoming season!

Johnny Karp said...

Great blog! I have a football manager blog similar to yours (http://www.footballmanagerstory.com) and I made it mostly because I like reading such blogs. I added your link on my website. Please let me know if you are aware of other blogs like yours (or mine) out there, I'd like to add those too. And I'd be grateful if you could add my link too, but that's not mandatory :)

Kova said...

Hi Vincent thanks for the comment mate.

Johnny i have just looked at your blog and its fantastic great work. I have added a link under "my favourite fm blogs" down the right hand side. There you will find the one's i follow regular so check them out aswell if you haven't already. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the help mate. I hope to publish a link for every Football Manager blog out there.

Anonymous said...

Hi, just looking at your Sociedad challenge there. I had a game with Bristol Rovers and got the Sociedad job in January (08 btw!) won promotion to La Liga. And won La Liga the following season, and got to the final of the semi-final of the Spanish cup in my 3rd season, finishing 7th in the league and winning the Champions League! Without cheating. Ill send you my squad and stats if you want. Played mainly 4-4-1-1 most of the season attacking, lots of closing down and counter attacking.
Few of my good signings were, Rafael and Fabio from Utd on frees at the end of my 1st season. Playing them two as attacking FBs. Fabio ends up at around 7.6. Most of my midfield was original players with De Cerio as the front man with Ruben Ramos (from A.Madrid) as supporting striker.

Nice work, eh? lol

Cheers, Brian

(bt.irvine@hotmail.co.uk)

Kova said...

Hi Brian well done mate. I think you are the first to start as another team then go them so it was a wise choice taking the job. Looks like you have done a fantastic job aswell. I haven't had any experience with Ruben Ramos but i will check him out on FM2009. If you can you should go for Stancu - he was immence for me. Thanks for the update and feel free to update your progress again.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kova!

Any chance of an update soon ;)

PS I won the league and cup in season 5 :D You said you would do a post about me ages ago ;)

Speak on FMS or MSN :D

Jack.

cars games said...

your post very interesting, informative

Master said...

Great site, nicely done. Keep it up for the coming season.