Tuesday 1 July 2008

Halfway Through Season 4 Update...

Halfway through season 4 and things are going well in the league. I'm up to 7th after going on a great run of victories. I had a major slump where i went 6 games without a win and was listed on the "under pressure managers" list but have turned it around.

I managed to beat FC Zurich no probem in the first round of the UEFA Cup and got Shakhtar Donetsk, Borussia Dortmund, Dinamo Bucharest and Palermo in the groups. After an opening defeat to Shakhtar i managed to beat the rest of the teams and now have Panathinaikos in the 2nd knockout stage. I am also still in the Spanish Cup and look good to progress after a 4-1 first leg over Gimastic.

The stars of the show so far have been Bogdan Stancu, Andrey Arshavin, Leonardo (who was rubbish last season), Dorian Dervite and Marius Niculae. Stancu has justified my sale of Samaras with 20 goals in 20 appearances.

I am very happy as i managed to sell my striker Yildirim Serkan to Marseille for 4 million. I got him for free and he hardly played in 2 seasons. With the money i am hoping to sign Ilsinho from Shakhtar and Dimitar Makriev from Panathinaikos. Makriev is available for only 275k and i'm amazed at this considering his stats. He will be good backup to Stancu as Kenan Kodro is having another injury plagued season.

I had another "punch the air" moment when i was 2-0 down at home to Real Betis and we scored 4 in the last 13 minutes to win 4-2.

I will update again at the end of the season so for now adios.

No comments: