Sunday 13 July 2008

UEFA Cup Winners And Finished 6th

I am going to start this post with an explanation of something. At the end of the last post i was plodding along nicely in the League and still in the UEFA Cup. Then headshotbg won everything with Kimz tactics and it got me thinking.... For the 2nd half of season 4 should i give it a go and see how i get on or should i stick with my own? Well i changed it to Kimz and here is how i got on.....

I finished 6th in the League again and as you can see from the results in the 2nd half of the season they changed dramatically with high scoring games flowing!

After a dodgy start where i lost some stupid games i stuck with it and it brought some unbelievable results. Good examples would be the 8-5 victory over Betis and the semi-final 2nd leg againt Valencia. I got beat 3-1 away from home and in the home leg return i won 6-1!

The UEFA Cup final was an incredible match with Bogdan Stancu being the hero scoring the winner in the 90th minute to win 3-2. Another one for the "punch the air" hall of fame. Other highlights of season 4 are below:-

Bogdan Stancu scoring 46 goals in 50 appearances!
Marius Niculae having his best season yet with 25 goals and 14 assists!
Arshavin getting 13 goals and 34 assists!
Kenan Kodro improving again and getting a man of the match award after only 20 minutes on the pitch. (Never seen that before)
Riquelme in disbelief saying he doubted i could win the UEFA Cup.
Supporters saying the supporters club will be named after me. (A nice touch ha ha)
Nordtveit getting young player of the season ahead of Bojan.

I have made 3 bosman signings for season 5. Oscar from Fiorentina, Vasilis Tosoridis from Olympiakos and Celsinho from Sporting Lisbon.

So i'm left wondering what to do next. I have one season left of the challenge and i'm caught in 2 minds whether to continue with Kimz 8.0.2 no tweaking or not. If i hadn't changed the tactics i know i wouldn't have won the UEFA Cup. I suppose i still can't decide whether using someone else's tactics will give me any real sense of achievement because although i'm happy i won the UEFA Cup i know i would have been a million times happier if it was with my own tactic. Please feel free to leave a comment on your thought on the subject and whether i should go back to my own tactic for season 5. Adios for now and thanks for reading.

4 comments:

Vincent said...

do this with your own or kimz tactic?

Glenn said...

Congratulations. 8-5 is a ridiculous scoreline! I don't think I've seen many matches with 9+ goals on my game, but then I'm using an older FM so the engine might be different, and I haven't used tactics as aggressive as Kimz that leave you so open to counter-attacking.

The full-backs must have to have incredible amounts of stamina!

james said...

well done mate

Kova said...

Cheers guys. Yeh what i mean Vincent is i'm not sure whether to play season 5 with Kimz tactics or go back to my own which i played for 3 and a half seasons. I just don't know if i get any satisfaction using someone elses tactics. It felt good winning the UEFA cup though....