Wednesday 23 July 2008

Start Of Season 5 Update...

After having a wee break from the game its back up and running and season 5 is under way. I have decided to use Kimz tactics for season 5 as i aim to get more silverware in my final season of the "Challenge". The friendlies went well with a tour of Scotland providing a useful run-out for the squad.

I was absolutely delighted to get another trophy under my belt with an unexpected victory over the European Champions Barcelona winning 2-1 in the European Super Cup where the hero again was Bogdan Stancu. This was followed by a crushing 4-2 defeat at home to Betis where they scored twice in the 90th minute.

As usual the transfer situation was a bit of a disaster with the only player to join me being Ruben De La Red from Getafe for 8.5 million. This wasn't due to the lack of trying but every player i went for refused to join me after a contract was offered.

The transfer saga of the summer was that of Bogdan Stancu where his minimum release clause of 20.5 million was nearly met on many occasions as he continues to reject contract offers from me and Chelsea and Juventus continue to probe with bids. If i can hang onto him for the rest of the season i will be very happy.

Cameroon have a new manager - me! I took the job after giving it some thought although i'm not sure at this stage how much focus or effort i can put into the job as i have always found it hard to juggle two jobs in the past. My main objective is to qualify for the World Cup so will keep posted on my progress with this aswell.

My next update will be in the new year so until then adios.

9 comments:

Vincent said...

d betis get Vicente, nevertheless I also hope stancu will stay at your sociedad! As I see your using kimz, how is it for you? your not getting a lot of goal attempts / due to that the big loss to betis?

Kova said...

Yeh i'm using Kimz but its actually really good. Betis only got 5 shots all the game on target and scored 4 so my goalkeeper is to blame. I usually get about 20 shots per game and even if i draw my supporters are happy with the amount of chances created. I know for a fact if i hadn't changed to Kimz i wouldn't have won the UEFA and Euro Super Cup. :-)

Anonymous said...

I am just about to start this challenge. I will let u know how i get on. I hope u can break in to the champions league

Vincent said...

Oh Kevin I had a question, your challenge is based on a 5 season duration right? If you finish season 5 will you be looking for an other team too then? Would be a shame if you would really, I like your sociedad :)

Kova said...

Good stuff Paul keep me updated on how you get on mate. Vincent you are correct the "challenge" is for 5 seasons and after that may go another team (in England probably) but to leave Real Sociedad will be hard because i am really enjoying it just now.

Anonymous said...

Good luck in 5th season! :)

You sound like you`re talking about a woman... With all that enjoying :D It`s a game, it`s a team - change it, you`ll get over it :P

Kova said...

Ha ha cheers headshotbg. I know it will be hard to move on after everything we have been through together. Probably won't meet another team that makes me feel the way they do. If they ever need me they know they just have to call me and i will be their for them.....

james said...

(two comments above)- lol

james said...

(two comments above)- lol