Tuesday 26 August 2008

2nd In League And UEFA Cup Retained

The Challenge is now officially over for me and season 5 ended with me finishing 2nd in the league and retaining the UEFA Cup with a 4-0 demolition of Reading. As you can see from the league table Real Madrid went the whole season unbeaten which was very disappointing as from very early on in the season i knew i wasn't going to win the league.
Bogdan Stancu was the hero again for me scoring an amazing 64 goals in 52 appearances. Thats 110 goals in 2 seasons!
Andrey Arshavin had another amazing season aswell getting 29 assists and 16 goals.
The other 2 players that stood out for me were Nortdveit and Kodro although the latters chances were severly limited by Stancu.

One of the disappointments of the challenge was the fact i played Real Madrid 10 times and never beat them once. My record over Barcelona however is much better. I also never made it past the Quarter Final Stages of the Spanish Cup. The finances at the moment are looking ok and the wage structure is well under control.

I have now officially resigned from the club and checkout this screenshot to see the Board pay tribute to me. I am also happy at my staff because 3 of them have left in the wake of me resigning including my first signing for the club Ray Wilkins and legend Darko Kovacevic.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my 5 seasons but like i said in my previous post i am now going to shelve the game and wait for FM2009 to be released. Thanks for reading and for those still taking the challenge on please keep me updated with how you get on. Adios amigos. Till next time....

UPDATE 27/08/08 - Being the sad individual that i am i couldn't help but let the game run on for a season while i "went on holiday" to see how Real Sociedad would get on without me. Avram Grant the former Chelsea Manager took over my position and by all accounts had a nightmare. He only managed to finish 9th in the League, got knocked out of the Champions League at the group stage, sold Stancu to Valencia and replaced him with Lavezzi from Napoli and to top it off has allowed my prodigy Kenan Kodro to join Roma for free! Bloody hopeless!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great finish of the season even though you didn't win the league. Hey, hope you're doing another interesting challenge on FM 2009.
Take Care.

Kova said...

Thanks mate. I will definitely go Real Sociedad on FM2009 and see how i get on. There will inevitibly be mistakes when its released like on FM2008 so will probably start the challenge again once a patch has been released for it.

brian_blue said...

hi kevin your blog is on top level. btw, how many hours a day you can spend for playing FM? coz it seems that you got those know-hows

Kova said...

Thank you very much. I don't play it that often believe it or not. I have a 1 year old son that would throw everything down the toilet if he got the chance so i have to entertain him alot. I don't believe i am so good at FM though. I was actually very lucky with Real Sociedad because up till that point i never really won anything before. Its just lucky that when i did the blog i started to win things. Maybe because i tried a million times harder than i normally would and watched every game like it was a cup final.

Vincent said...

Or you started gaining knowledge from your readers, or you just digged more to find good tactics, tips etc :)

Kova said...

Yeh definitely that awell. I would never have signed Niculae had i not seen him doing well for Vitaliy and wouldn't have tried Kimz tactics had it not been for headshotbg so i suppose you can say i'm easily influenced ha ha.