Sunday 8 June 2008

Season 3 Is Under Way

Hi folks season 3 is now under way and my expectations are that i will push for a European place but i think the reality may be i struggle in mid table again. In my last post i complained about being unable to sell anyone and this hit my pre-season preperations quite hard. At the time of writing i have played the first 3 league matches of the season and as you can see from the results so far my only win has came against our under 19s in a friendly. My first 2 league matches were away from home and both ended in 3-2 defeats to Espanyol and very painfully to Real Zaragoza where they won in the last minute!

The only player i got that wasn't a freebie was Bernard Mendy who i signed for 2.8 million as i was desperate for a right back. The best players i got for free were Greek forward Samaras, defensive midfielder Eduardo Costa and Gonzalo Garcia. For the rest of the tranfers you can view them by clicking here.

I have decided i am going to change my tactics for season 3. My home tactics will be much more attacking and key to it will be Riquelme who will hopefully pull the strings in the middle and create chances. My away tactics will be more defensive and will look to catch the opposition on the counter attack. I will also be looking to give my young striker Kenan Kodro some first team action this season as for the last 2 seasons he has been scoring an unbelievable amount of goals for the under 19's.

I will update again mid-season where i will be able to see if my poor pre-season of tranfer action has cost me.

2 comments:

Lightspeed Champion said...

Hope Samaras does well for you, he seemed like a promising target man for Man City, but we never really gave him a chance. Good luck for season 3.

Kova said...

Cheers mate i got Samaras as i felt i needed more presence up front and playing with wingers he should score a few with the head.