Wednesday 26 March 2008

Bring On The Big Boys!

Hi folks i have finished my first season now and to my delight it couldn't have went any better for me. The league was effectively won at christmas so my biggest challenge was to keep the players motivated. I managed to finish on 103 points which ended up 28 points clear of my nearest rivals. To my surprise the board summary wasn't as glowing as i had expected it so this has helped keep my feet on the ground and realise the real challenge will begin next season.

The players who stood out for me in season 1 were Morten Skoubo (who i slagged off in my first post for being inconsistent), new boy Marius Niculae and Xabi Prieto. Lazio have been sniffing around the latter trying to unsettle him but there is no way i am letting him go.

I won't milk this post any more than i need to as i realise i face a tough pre-season to get my team ready for the 1st division. Players need to come in and players need to leave. In my next post i will have the pre-season completed and will reveal who i manged to sign and who left. Adios for now amigos.

No comments: