Friday 14 March 2008

My Spanish Adventure Begins

I have officially started the challenge today. I decided to download the 8.02 patch as the last time i played the 2008 version i was disgusted at the amount of goals that were disallowed for being offside in the matches. Hopefully this time it will be better. The Board Expectations are for to be stable in the 1st division in 4 years however the seasons expectations make it clear that anything other than winning the league this season will be unacceptable so the pressure is on!

My favourite player from the 2007 version was Darko Kovacevcic. Maybe if i get promotion i can lure him back but he isn't getting any younger so a striker who can bag 20+ goals is gonna be my first priority. Morten Skoubo is good but he isn't consistent enough.

In my next post i will update on how my pre-season went and the signings i managed to make and will reveal my hopes and fears for the upcoming season. Meanwhile if anyone has any signings they can recommend please let me know and i will run the rule over them (a good young striker would be good). Adios for now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christian Nazarith, quite a decent striker, if u can get him, work permits take the mick.

Genero Zeefuik, amazing striker for his age, 450-750k big required turns into a 15-17mil striker within 2 years :)

Kova said...

Thanks i'll have a look at them.

Anonymous said...

Hi, i am currently Real Sociadad too. I only got 9k to sign players, so i got people on loan instead, i managed to get Filip Daems(Gladbach), Adilson(Gremio) and Diego Capel(Sevilla)in the first transfer window.In the second transfer window i signed 1 player called Jelle Vossen(Genk) who cost 350k, i managed to sell some unwanted players. I also got Santiago Ezquerro on a free as he had left Barcelona. Hope this helps. What formantion do you play?

Anonymous said...

Also i am currently 32 games into the season and 9 points clear. Xabi Prieto is an absolute star!!! Lyon wanted him, but i offered him a contract and he accepted. Has already got 11 goals. Hope he gets more!

Kova said...

Hi mate glad to hear you are the mighty Sociedad. Xabi Proeto was my favourite player aswell for the first couple of seasons but had to sell him to Bayern Munich cos he wasn't happy. The tactic i'm using just now is called Kimz. I spoke about it recently on a post at the end of season 4 when i won the UEFA Cup. Its really good like. You have made some quality signings already. What is Santiago Ezquerro like? Does he score alot? Also keep me updated on how you get on. Cheers.