Friday 21 March 2008

Sitting Top And Feeling Fine!

Well here I am into January 2008 and all is going to plan much better than I ever expected. I'm top of the league and over the moon with how things are going as I fully expected to be struggling but thankfully I have found a steady tactic that seems to work well home and away - click here to view. Remember to click once on the image to zoom or it looks like you are viewing the image through frosted glass.

The results show how good the run has been with the only defeat being away to Cadiz but what concerned me slightly was the manner in the way I got knocked out the cup. Real Betis tought us a lesson and in the away leg we mustered 1 measly shot on goal and even that was off target! This shows me that sweeping changes will be needed in the summer otherwise we could end up the whipping boys! My priority will be 2 new central defenders but everywhere else I am happy with the quality.

I was worried at the start about my strikers scoring but they have done quite well. The biggest surprise has came in the form of Morten Skoubo. Only the captain Xabi Prieto has a better average rating with 7.55.

At the time of writing I am halfway through the January transfer window and have just made my first significant signings for the club. Romanian International Striker Marius Niculae has signed from Inverness Caley Thistle and judging by his picture the first thing i'll be doing is demanding he get a haircut!!! He may have got away having a barnet like that at Inverness but not here! Again, clicking on the image shows how bad it really is. The second player Grzegorz Szamotulski is a Polish Goalkeeper currently at Preston but became something of a cult hero with Dundee United fans due to the fantastic performances he put in while at the club. "The Monk" doesn't arrive until the summer but i believe he could become a star for my team. Finally i got central defender Havard Nordtveit on loan from Arsenal untill the end of the season but at only 17 he could be a star in the making and will definitely be looking to sign (poach) him in the summer.

Unless I manage to sell one of the deadwood he will be the last until the summer as the 375k I spent on Niculae has left the club skint. I'm hoping he will score the goals to carry the team's form on for the rest of the season.

I'm off back to the game as I have a league to win. Barring any major disasters I'm hoping the rest of the season will be a formality and I can start thinking about next season in the 1st division and back with the big boys. If for any reason it goes tits up i will be sure to update this blog on events but hopefully my next post will be either me gibbering a lot of pointless crap or I will be posting screenshots of my chairman telling me how bloody fantastic I am for winning the league. Adios.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I've enjoyed reading about your time with Real Sociedad. I wouldn't follow my tactics though, I'm not exactly a genius! Hopefully you do well in the 1st division.

Kova said...

No worries mate. The tactics i'm using seem to be good enough for the 2nd division but i think the first division will be completely different.

Vincent said...

hey kevin, I see you signed niculea, and I was wondering if you bought because of vitaley (true manager blog) said he was great, how is he working out for you so far? I kind off dumped him in my reserve squad because the players in my main squad are simply superior to marius.

Kova said...

Ha ha yeh i did. I was trying not to but got knocked back from so many strikers i thought i should give him a try. I have only played 2 games since my last post and he has scored in each of them. Both games he played a 9 and got man of the match so if he keeps that up the fans will have a new hero!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys,
its really nice and i enjoyed while playing it...